Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Surgery for nasal polyps and deviated septum

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

What's the recovery time for surgery to remove polyps and repair a deviated septum?  How long will I be in misery, and how long before I can work.  (I'm a computer tech)?  How long before I'll be glad that I had it done instead of sorry?
People heal in different ways and also related to the level of surgery needed.  It can days to a week or two to be able to function normally again.  It is best to discuss this with your surgeon.
It depends upon your doctor, and how long he wants the stints in, but probably one week. I am on week 2. As soon as the stints are out, you can work.
just my two bits...i had two nose surgeris and i'm still suffering and the three doctors(ents) I've seeen say it could take up to a year to heal as there is tiny little nerves in therer that when they cut your nose they affect so be prepared to suffer long term or be the luck one and not suffer everyone is different..feel free to email me and discuss any nose problems as i've suffered it all...

***@****

T
I WENT TO THE ENT DR. YESTERDAY (SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN PUTTING OFF FOR YEARS)I HAVE A DEVIATED SEPTUM WHICH IS 90% BLOCKED IN THE LEFT SIDE AND 50% ON THE RIGHT OF COURSE SURGERY IS BEING DISCUSSED. I SING, WILL THIS CHANGE MY VOICE IN ANY WAY? AND IS THERE ANY HARM IN PUTTING THIS OFF ANOTHER YEAR TILL 2008?
A related discussion, can having surgery to fix a deviated septum affect my singing was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker