Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Swollen toungue, sinuses, and throat for years

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

For many years now, I have been dealing with my sinuses, throat, and tongue being swollen, making breathing and living  very difficult for me. I am an Army Veteran with two combat tours in Iraq. while overseas I was dealing with these symptoms as well which made it harder for me.
Since I have been back I have seen ENTs, and allergenists and nobody can figure out how to help me. I have been on every nasal spray, every pill like allegra and clarittin and nothing helps me. I have had tow seperate allergy tests, and I am not allergic to anything......I do not know what to do!!! I am in desperate need of help!!!
I live in Virginia, is there anyone out there that can give me advice or refer me t a specialist, please
It is possible to having swelling of these tissues on a non-allergic basis.  A lot depends on how often you experience these symptoms, how long do they last, to what degree is the swelling, is there a time of day when they are more likely to occur, etc.  You are on the right track to see a specialist at a university clinic.  Depending on what part of Virginia you live, I am sure you will find a university medical center not too far from you live.

I do want to thank you for your  service to the country and wish you the best of luck getting these symptoms under control.

Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker