Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
TB?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

TB?

Hi All,
I am suffering with few symptoms but un diagnosed even after follow-up with several doctors. Still I am facing the symptom even after taking several antibiotics.

I am suffering with swollen lymph nodes in Neck and Armpit. When I visited the doctors they are suggested OTC drug and assuring nothing is there. I can believe by doctors words but still I am facing Lymph nodes in neck and armpit and sharp pain in my Pubic area just above the male organ.

I have done the following tests.

1) Completed Blood picture -- Nothing Abnormal
2) HIV Test at 3,8,11,12,13,15,18 Weeks All are Negative - Non Reactive.
3) VDRL/SYPHILIS at 14 Weeks -- Negative

Symptoms:

1) Swollen Nodes :I am feeling burning sensation and sharp pain in my Neck and Armpit which is causing me more tense and unable to forget about symptoms and making me tense and anxiety.
2) Sharp in my Groin/Pubic Area . like someone pricking with needle.
3) Short intervals of Head Ache.
4) Sudden Muscle/Verve contractions

Please can someone diagnose why I am facing this issue. Am I affected with TB ?
can TB survive in body without fever and night sweats.
pls help me ..
I am not sure how to best address your question.  It is my impression that you feel the nodes but your doctors don’t.  I will answer it by assuming that you do indeed have enlarged lymph nodes in at least two places, neck and armpits.  In that case it would be important to establish a diagnosis and that would be accomplished with a lymph node biopsy.  You may want to get a second opinion from another doctor regarding the nodes.

You should also have a chest X-ray to determine if there are enlarged nodes within your chest and, if so, does their appearance suggest a specific diagnosis, although that is unlikely.  But if present in your chest, you are likely to be right about those in your neck and armpit.

If you live in the U.S. it is highly unlikely that enlarged nodes are a reflection of tuberculosis and, yes, one can have TB without fever or night sweats but that too is uncommon.

Bottom line is do you or do you not have enlarged nodes.  If you do, there are a great number of diseases that could cause the enlargement and a tissue diagnosis would have to be made.

Good luck
Can anyone look in to my issue pls pls