Respiratory Disorders Community
The misterious illness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

The misterious illness

My 32 year old daughter was taken to the emergency room on Thursday 7/23/10 with chest pains and shortness of breath. It is now Tuesday 7/27/10 and we still do not know what is wrong. She has been given EKG, ECG, Arteriogram, test to determine if she has plueracy, a stress test, and one to rule out lung clots. At this point the cardiologist haS RULED OUT heart problems and she does not have plueracy. Today she was given a breathing test for which we have not been given the results. My daughter has rheumetoid arithis and her blood pressure is always low. The doctor was considering releasing her eventhough the pain is still there but she decided to check her oxygen levels first. While sitting the level was at 100% but when she made a few steps it dropped to 87%. The check was performed again later and it did the same thing. Like I said we are still waITING ON THOSE results. Do you have any ideas of what this could be since heart trouble and lung issues seemed to be ruled out. She insists that she is not stressing because my first thought was panic attacks. The pain is real so what is this mysterious illness? Could it be the arithis?
Do this breathing technique to help with the chest pain and shortness of breath.You will feel the difference in days.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two middle fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed. Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
While doing anulom vilom, keep your eyes closed, concentrate on the third eye (point in between the eyebrows).