Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
There is something wrong here! (Asthma/IgE Level)

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

ok, so I was supposed to get the new drug Xolair a few days ago and I got allergy tested for insurance reasons. I was very allerigic to just about every allergen they used on me. Then I went to get IgE tested(The trigger molecule that sets of asthma) and the tests showed 2 IgE, where average should be 30/700. How is this possible or whats wrong with this? I am currently on Advair/Singulair, and Grape Seed Extract/Gingko Biloba.

Qaiphyx
While this is possible, it is not common to have a high level of allergy and have a low IgE level.  Usually one of these is wrong.  Skin testing should be the ***** test and not intradermal testing to say that you are allergic to lots of things.  There are plenty of studies to show that some non-allergic people have positive reactions to intradermal tests.  The second possibility is the IgE level is wrong.  This is an easy test to repeat.  Going on Xolair
I dont know if you can answer this part, but lately I have also noticed that I have a slight vibration feeling in my left thigh sometimes... its in and area diameter of about 2-3 inches, everytime it happens I think my phone is ringing/vibrating, but it happens even when my phone isnt in my pocket... Just curious what it might be.