Things smell bad
Some months ago, certain things began to smell bad to me, as well as taste bad - any diet soda or artificial sweetener, coffee in a can, among others. Now there is an almost constant bad smell in my nasal cavity. I went to an ear/nose/throat specialist who gave me an antibiotic treatment for a month, but the systems only slightly diminished and have returned completely now.
Since your doctor diagnosed it, and antibiotics worked a little, then I will agree with your doctor.  However, antibiotics don't work very well in the upper sinuses, and the reason for that and the best treatment is explained here:

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush is mildly risky, because you have to bend over to do it, preferably in a shower, but you can also do it outside on soft ground, or you can kneel down and lean over a bathtub or a plastic tub with the shower running for steam.