Respiratory Disorders Community
Things smell bad

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Things smell bad

Some months ago, certain things began to smell bad to me, as well as taste bad - any diet soda or artificial sweetener, coffee in a can, among others. Now there is an almost constant bad smell in my nasal cavity. I went to an ear/nose/throat specialist who gave me an antibiotic treatment for a month, but the systems only slightly diminished and have returned completely now.
Tags: smell
Since your doctor diagnosed it, and antibiotics worked a little, then I will agree with your doctor.  However, antibiotics don't work very well in the upper sinuses, and the reason for that and the best treatment is explained here:

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush is mildly risky, because you have to bend over to do it, preferably in a shower, but you can also do it outside on soft ground, or you can kneel down and lean over a bathtub or a plastic tub with the shower running for steam.