Respiratory Disorders Community
Throat and chest hurt when I breathe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Throat and chest hurt when I breathe

I'm a female, 20 years of age. Since yesterday, my throat has been killing me. It hurts to breathe. It doesn't feel like a normal sore throat, because, trust me, I've had my share of those....infections, whooping cough, common cold, bronchitis, etc. I bend over to pick something up and it hurts real bad. Everytime I breathe in, i feel like there's a knife going through my throat and into my chest. I guess the best way to describe this is that it feels tight. I looked it up online and some say that maybe it's a collapsed lung? ....due to the shortness in breath. Oh, and the weird thing is that it doesn't hurt when I swallow. It only hurts when I breathe in, yawn, laugh, and bend over. It's a bit hard to talk. I was about to cry from the pain. I've had asthma before. I did notice that the day before this started that my voice sounded a bit off and others could tell. Also, it's mostly in the right side of my throat, not the left. I took some tylenol and that made me not feel the pain. I could breathe more normally. Also, I took a bath and just submerged myself in the hot water and that helped. Basically, that's all of the information I have on my symptoms. Any ideas on what this could be? Any possible chance that it's just stress and lack of sleep related, and all I need is a good night's sleep? Thanks!
i have the same thing u had now what was it did u ever find out cos the doc says nothing is wrong but u cant bend over or breath anything more than 50 - 60% of a full breath