Tickling in throat causes uncontrolable coughing and choking
I have had terrible episodes of uncontrolable coughing for the last 5 years off and on. It starts off with a tickling in the throat then my eyes start to water followed by a really hard dry cough. The cough is non stop. Then I end up sneezing then coughing again till some phlem finally starts to break up. Once this happens I usually always end up throwing up. During this the water just pours out of my eyes as if I was crying. My eyes end up going red and bloodshot and I get really hot and start to sweat. Also during this episode I can't breathe or speak. It's very scarey and everyone around you is looking at you like you are dying and sometimes it feels that way. For the first few years I would only have these attacks about once a week and now when they act up they are really bad. I have had over eight so far today. Stress usually makes them act up worse and I also end up getting woke up during the night at least once with one. It's very frustrating and very scarey not to know what could be causing this. I seen alot of posts here tonight regarding this subject. I really thought I was the only one. It can come on you out of nowhere and once the tickling starts it's no way to control it. I have had to run out of grocery stores, etc once they start. Drinking a little water usually helps it a little once it calms down but it's certainly no cure! If anyone else is suffering from this and has any advice to offer please post. I am seeing a doctor tomorrow and praying to get some answers but I have been to a dr. about this before with no answers. So any and all similar attacks or some advice as to what to do to calm these attacks would be so appreciated.
I am having the same exact symptoms that you are. It comes out of nowhere...tickle in the throat, coughing fits, watery eyes. My husband looks at me like I'm crazy. It happens a couple times a night too. Sometimes cold and flu medicine works, but only sometimes. I've coughed so hard I've thrown up. I NEED to find out what this is!!!