Respiratory Disorders Community
Tight chest but normal breathing
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tight chest but normal breathing

Hello,

I have this problem which I am really concerned about. I have a tight chest it feels like something is squishing it next to a heart area. I dont have problems breathing or anything. Although I do have headaches when that starts. Have been into the hospital and everything works fine. Blood pressure is fine.

I had 7 operations on my arm previously sinse I was 3-4 up until 14. So don't know that it might effect it in any way but just to advise in case that matters. I used to smoke but since I started having those tight chest I have quit.

I have a feeling that I want to burp as well and sometimes it feels like my heart just skips a beat and jumps so it is really is uncomfortable. Hospital has advised me that it is an anxiety. But I am really out going person and don't think I have any stress or suffer depression. I have recently had my grandma passed away so I had some bad sleeps in a past weeks and lack of sleep during the week due to waking up early for work on average around 6-8 hours.

I want to try and ask my GP if it would be ideal to do Ultra sound scan to see if there is anything wrong in my chest as I am worried about that.

Thank you for your time

I hope to here from you soon.

Kind regards

Igor D