Tight in Chest
I am in my senior years and exercise a lot, i.e. hiking and biking. Recently on an uphill stretch on my bike I felt a strong tightness in the upper chest, in fact, so much so I had to stop and rest. That has never happened before in my whole life.  Just a couple of day before I hiked two thousand feet uphill in the mountains.
I had my heart tested two years before and was given a clean bill, so that feeling is totally unexpected.
Any suggestions?

This discussion is related to shortness of breath/chest tightness with no other symptoms.
This is very possible a collapsed young if you are small framed it is very possible i found out recently it is harder to spot then pple would imagine I am 19 small build male and it is very common in younger smaller built pple and seniors

symptoms include pain usually in upper left chest muscle sometimes right at that shoulder area like you are being prodded with a steal rod

shortness of breathe when lying down things get better but also possible pain in left arm

it appears to be symptoms of a heart attack but is most commonly a partially collapsed lung

just my own experience here