Respiratory Disorders Community
Tightness in chest??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tightness in chest??

Hello,
So I went to the doctor cause I thought I was getting pneumonia and the Doc had me do a PFT (which was low at 70 percent) and a blood O2 test (94 percent) and said that I had bronchitis and put me on some prednisone and a z-pack. After I finshed my meds I still felt the same. So I set up another appointment and right before I went in I started to feel better but my tests only showed I improved ten percent. Then he put me on prednisone and augmentin (sp) and said that I wasnt quite better yet and had not kicked the bronchitis.

My issue is I started to feel better at the start of my my second round of antibiotics but now I feel bad again... I feel like I got tightness in the center of my chest like the top part of my lungs wont open up... I don't have to much of a cough or mucus production and no fever. But I do have asthma and do smoke since I was 18 and am now 21. I asked him if he thought I had COPD or something like that and he said no because my lung capacity was at 96 percent he also stated that he didnt think I had anything serious.

I am just worried that now it might be something serious now cause it wont go away... Is it possible that i just have a bad case of bronchitis that takes for ever to go away? Or possibly something bad...

Also my Doc did change up my asthma medication from Advair 250 to Dulera... Maybe that could be the issue.

Thanks for the input