Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Tonsil Removal in Adults: The Aftermath
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Tonsil Removal in Adults: The Aftermath
I had my tonsils and adenoids removed 6 years ago, when i was 25. I had been prone to strep throat.  (I typicallly got it at least once a winter.)  And had been battling it that winter for 3 straight months.  So after many different rounds of many different antibiotics, my family doctor sent me to a ENT to have my tonsils and andenoids removed. Since then, any sore throat I get hurts exponentially more than before the surgery, and in a completely different way.  Where before, it would be just sort of raw soreness in the back of my throat, now it's sort of an open-wound type feeling from behind my nose, to my ears and down to the back of my throat.  Also when I sneeze or yawn (anytime, not just when my throat is sore) if feels like my throat can no longer stretch...and that also hurts.  Is this normal?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
251132_tn?1198082422
This is not normal.  You should discuss this with the ENT who did the surgery and, if you get no satisfaction, seek a second opinion from another ENT.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Allergy Tracker