Respiratory Disorders Community
Trouble breathing during cardio
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Trouble breathing during cardio

I am a 23 year old female that is in  pretty good shape. I ran my first half marathon this last October 2011 and have been an avid runner since I was about 18. While training for the half is when I first started noticing that I had a shortness of breath and over the last few months it has gotten progressively worse. It's difficult for me to run straight through like I used to (I used to be able to run 4-6 miles without stopping at a time). I now find it difficult to do 2+ miles (depending on how I feel that day). My dad thinks I may have exercise induced asthma, which he has and uses an inhaler for. I just worry though because I'm a lot younger then him when he was diagnosed. Could this be it? Could it be something else?
1563533_tn?1345369896
Asthma will cause a wheezing noise.  If you have this then all you would need is an inhaler to open those airways back up, no problem..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...