Trouble breathing during cardio
I am a 23 year old female that is in  pretty good shape. I ran my first half marathon this last October 2011 and have been an avid runner since I was about 18. While training for the half is when I first started noticing that I had a shortness of breath and over the last few months it has gotten progressively worse. It's difficult for me to run straight through like I used to (I used to be able to run 4-6 miles without stopping at a time). I now find it difficult to do 2+ miles (depending on how I feel that day). My dad thinks I may have exercise induced asthma, which he has and uses an inhaler for. I just worry though because I'm a lot younger then him when he was diagnosed. Could this be it? Could it be something else?
Asthma will cause a wheezing noise.  If you have this then all you would need is an inhaler to open those airways back up, no problem..