Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Trouble breathing with swelling
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Trouble breathing with swelling
I am 30 years old and have had trouble breathing off and on since I was 12. This is accompanied by heart palpatations, swelling in my hands and feet, and dilated blood vessles. It is almost strictly when I am too warm (although the environment may not necessarily be warm)and I get enormous relief if I am able to go outside in the cold weather. I also feel slight relief if I lean over. This happens all summer long, all during my preganacy, or any time that I am too warm. It is difficult to stand or to talk.I do not wheeze or cough and I have never smoked or been aroung 2nd hand smoke. I sometimes have a migraine with this but not always. I have been tested for asthma, had a chest xray, and have had my heart tested (although I am not sure what tests were performed) and all of those came back negative. Other than this, I seem to be fairly healthy and am not prone to sickness. What other possibilities are there that I may look into?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
248663 tn?1198086695
There are some endocrine problems that can cause some, if not most, of these symptoms.  I would speak to your physician about possible causes and have some further tests performed to make the diagnosis.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank