Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Tuberculosis and Asthma

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Tuberculosis and Asthma
I was exposed to tuberculosis at age 17 and treated with INH and peridoxine.  As I get order, I have noticed more problems with breathing and respiratory problems. I have been diagnosed with asthma, but I did not have it as a youngster.  Could the TB exposure have anything to do with my present diagnosis?  Does the exposure scar the lungs?
If your chest x-ray is normal, it is highly unlikely that tuberculosis (TB) has anything to do with your present problem of asthma.  If TB exposure leaves a scar it is small and of no consequence.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker