Respiratory Disorders Community
Very strange and scary flu.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Very strange and scary flu.

About 4 night’s ago I came home from rehearsing a play exhausted, I got into bed and my fiancé noticed I was hot and took my temperature which was around 101 degrees. The next three nights I had the same symptoms daily: During the day I would have a stuffy feeling in my throat, slight dry cough and a general fatigue, with low average temperature (around 96.8 degrees). In the late evening my temperature would quickly spike to around 102 degrees, at this time I would experience chilling, aching joints, tingling, sensitivity of the skin,  and severe fatigue and lack of strength.  These new symptoms would persist until about halfway through the night. On the 4th night (tonight) I performed in the play and found that my temperature did not spike in the evening as usual, though I did sweat profusely on stage (more so than usual). It is now 5:00 a.m. the following morning and I  have had trouble sleeping due to a severe cough that appears to bring up a small amount of white, foamy substance and a severe rasp/popping sound coming from my throat when breathing. My fiancé says it sounds like coca cola is stuck in my throat. I have also been experiencing some random acid reflux for the past week or so, regurgitating up food slightly when burping though I do not know if that is pertinent. What’s wrong with me?