Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
WHITE SPOTS ON 11 YEAR OLD LUNG XRAY

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

WHITE SPOTS ON 11 YEAR OLD LUNG XRAY

MY DAUGHTER HAS HAD A YEAR AND A HALF OF HORRIBLE ALLERGIES. (AFTER ALLERGY TESTING WE FOUND OUT SHE WAS ALLERGIC TO OUR CAT. I TOOK HER TO THE URGENT CARE CENTER IN NOVEMBER AND I NOTICED SOME WHITE SPOTS ON THE XRAY. I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME IT WAS PNEUMONIA. TWO MONTHS LATER SHE WENT BACK BECAUSE OF ANOTHER SINUS INFECTION. TOOK MORE XRAYS AND I ASKED THIS TIME. HE SAID IT WAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IT LOOKED LIKE HYSTOPLASMOSIS OR CALCIUM. I TOOK THE XRAYS TO THE PEDIATRICIAN AND SHE SENT ME FOR XRAYS WHERE A RADIOLOGIST COULD READ THEM AND A NEW ONE. HE ASSURED ME IT IS BLOOD VESSELS. I HAD SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT AT THE CHILDRENS HOSPITAL WITH THE PULMONOLOGIST HE TOLD ME IT LOOKS LIKE BLOOD VESSELS BUT HE WANTED TO DO A TB TEST (NEGATIVE) AND A CAT SCAN TO RULE EVERYTHING ELSE OUT. HER CT IS TOMORROW AND I'M VERY NERVOUS. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF BLOOD VESSELS ON AN XRAY? EVERYONE TELLS ME TO TRUST THE RADIOLOGIST BECAUSE HE READS THESE ALL DAY. HER FATHER HAD WHITE SPOTS ON HIS LUNGS ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO. THEY DID A BIOPSY AND SAID THEY WERE CALCIUM DEPOSITS AND THEY WILL NOT GO AWAY. HE WAS IN ICU THIS PAST MAY WITH SOME UNKNOWN VERY STRANGE RESPITORY PROBLEM (THEY DOCTORS LATER TOLD HIM THEY DIDN'T THINK HE WOULD MAKE IT)ANYWAY, HE HAD THE XRAYS AND SPIRAL SCAN AND THEY SAID THE SPOTS WERE GONE AND THEY COULDN'T EXPLAIN IT. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE EASE MY MIND. THANKS SO MUCH, WENDYE
White spots, as you have already guessed, can be caused by many things, including seeing blood vessels at a straight on angle.  These can be calcifications, lymph nodes, vessels etc.  If there is a question following routine x-rays, the CT scan is very appropriate and should lead to more definite answers and decisions.
I just got back from having my 11 year old son tested for allergies and it turns out he's highly allergic to many things and will have to have weekly injections. The allergist had sent us to get xrays of my sons lungs and sinuses and there are white spots on my sons lung xrays. The doc asked if we had lived in southern California or if we lived on a farm and when I told him no, we've lived here in Oklahoma all his life he said he'd have to have the radiologist look at the xrays. I came home and got on line and found this posting and was curious if you found anything else out or if anyone else had experienced such a thing.
A related discussion, white spots was started.
A related discussion, .  Lungs was started.