Respiratory Disorders Community
Walking Pneumonia?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Walking Pneumonia?

I have asthma.  In October, I developed an upper respiratory infection that caused swollen lymph nodes in my neck and an ear infection/sore throat, and later on a cough.  The cough has hung on since then.  I have had two chest x-rays, which have come back negative.  My doctor put me on a course of prednisone, which did nothing.  
The cough brings up a foaming white phlegm, and sometimes causes heart palpitations.  Ever since then, I have had chest pain, shortness of breath, fainting spells, weakness, back pain, a worseneing cough, low grade fever, chills, rash on my belly or chest, and nausea.  The swollen lymph nodes have also returned. My doctor says I have bronchitis/walking pneumonia and put me on doxycycline on tuesday, but I am not feeling any better. I only have one day of antibiotics left.  I can't breathe unless I take my rescue inhaler, which is not normal for me ( I can hear a lot of wheezing and whistling).  

Any thoughts or advice?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
hello, I saw ur post and u sound like u are having similar problems to me, I have been having problems with sinus and upper respiratory infections for almost 2 years and its driving me crazy!  I have had countless courses of antibiotics and am now on singulair for asthma, i blow yellow stuff from my nose almost every morning and then it all seems to go on my chest, my chest literally aches sometimes especially in the cold air outside, i am at a bit of a loss what to do, my doctor is basically sick of me, or thats the impression i got last time. sometimes my phlegm is yellowy green and sometimes seems white and frothy.  sorry i cant help u answer ur question but i do sympathize with youx
Blank
1100598_tn?1377890199
im on my second course of doxycycline and my dr. put me on a nebulizer.  I am not coughing up phlegm anymore, but still don't feel better.  Still sometimes feel like i am suffocating at night and am easily short of breath and get chest pain and fatigue from very little activity.  Still getting chest or abdominal rashes and chills.

I wonder if we might have a fungal or viral infection.  My dr. told me that if I don't get better he might have to do a CT scan or a sputum culture.  Did they ever do that on you?  

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...