Respiratory Disorders Community
Water in his lungs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Water in his lungs

My uncle got water in his lungs recently around 2 months ago,But now got it removed around more than 1 liter. What does it mean? Anything very much serious? Could you please help me in this regards????/
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, by water in the lungs I suppose you are referring to pleural effusion. It could also mean pulmonary edema but this is a serious condition. But as fluid was drawn it could be pleural effusion. It occurs in pneumonias, lung cancer, breast cancer and lymphomas. It can also occur in cardiac failure, liver failure and nephrotic syndrome. So, further therapy and prognosis will depend on the cause. If you can get back with the diagnosis, I can help elaborate further. Regards.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Thank you Doctor  for  your concern & effort to write  me back. My Uncle is  under going some  treatment. Will  surely  come  back to you  with the  detail  report of the process going on.Once again  thx  for your response.

Regards

Neelu