Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
What are Pleural Nodules ?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

What are Pleural Nodules ?

I was told on thursday that on my CT scan they found 2 Pleural Nodules. I have to go back in March to have another CT they said if there is a change then they will take a biopsy they will make an incission and put a light tube in to get a sample.

Now I guess my story really begins back in Nov 02' when I was diagnosed with Abestosis..I went on thursday feb 6th to Johns Hopkins where I wanted a second opinion. they told me I don't have Asbestosis but did see 2 Pleural Nodules, now I had a CT done in June 02' then I had to have another one done in Oct 02'
the dr's at Johns Hopkins looked at all the Ct scan's and these 2 Pleural Nodules were not there in my june CT but are there in my October CT.

Now also my PFT show decreased lung capcity the first part of the test showed decreased but that is do to my smoking of 25 yrs. I have quit smoking since Nov. Now the doctor told me the other part of the PFT showed decrease also but the doctor looked at me and said they don't know why . I have tried looking up stuff about Pleural Nodules and some say it is a mass like tumor that nodules are the medical name for lumps or tumor is this right.
  thanks
Pulmonary nodules are usually small, round shadows that can appear anywhere in the lungs.  They can be caused by an infection or a non-infectious problem.  Tumors, both non-cancerous and cancerous, can be a cause.  Work exposures such as asbestos can also cause them.  There isn
Thank you for the information and taking time to read my question

Thanks again
   Lynda
i have been in hospital under investigations due to a shadow in my right lung, i have been under a total of 5 weeks antibiotics and the shadow is still there...
i used to have breathing problems, and chest pains by they have since gone but the shadow still remains...
they say it is not canerous and it is unlikely to be Tb ...my auntie has a shadow in her lung but she is fine, no medical problem she has children and works it has not affected her life...

i would like to hear about anyone who has shadows in their lungs. I would not say that this worries me but i am sick of going to hospital appointments after hospital appiontments and having the doctors till me everything is fine, but not till me the main cause of the shadow and what it is...
I am still in highschool and have miss quite a few days of school because of it...

Help - Me - Now....Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help - Me - Now....Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A related discussion, nodules was started.