Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
What is a stage 4 of Sarcoidosis?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

What is a stage 4 of Sarcoidosis?
net
My 52-yr old African American female sister has recently been diagnosied with the above. She also mental problems and now she can not use her bodily functions and has lost the ability to walk. She has had this problem for over 25-yrs refused medication ie Predisone & O2 therapy. I on the other had have the same condition but I have complied with all medical advice and my condition is stable. Her daughter is without resources and the doctors have said to her:  "Your mother has fluid on her brain, and the Sarcoidosis has invaded her nervous system." I haven't heard of the condition spoken in terms of stages, what is stage #4?  Her mother is combative, unresponsive, and is suffering mental paranoia and szcriphonia. She also suffered from siezures over the past 15-years.
The term
net
Thank you for your help, it's unfortunate but hopefully this can and will be an example of just what disease gone untreated can do to the family and friends of those at risk.  It makes me sad, but this is the path that she chose-STUBBORNESS CAN CAUSE EVENTUAL DESTRUCTION TO THE QUALITY OF LIFE! ALL ANYONE CAN DO IS PRAY FOR HER AND TO MAKE HER COMFORTABLE.
A related discussion, sarcoid was started.
A related discussion, addisonsdisease was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker