What is my cough?!
I have been coughing up Phlem for 40 days now. Symptoms seem similar to whooping Cough just less surver whoops and coughing fits, although I did manage to injure my lower back while coughing. I've been to the doctors 3 times to get this sorted. On the second time they tested for whopping cough and on the third time they told me it wasnt whooping cough by the blood test but that I should make another apointment to get some other tests done such as an xray. My lungs hurt but i'm not sure if thats muscular or not. None of the phlem is infected, just really watery but causes alot of coughing. I was taking anti inflamitories for my back and that seemed to help the pain in the lungs. One of the doctors perscribed me codeine for the cough because he thought that this would help dry things out. Unfortunatly it didnt.
I'm not really sure I'd make and appt to get more tests done
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to Asthma. This is diagnosed by lung function tests. The other causes for long term cough besides asthma are GERD and post nasal drip from allergies. GERD is gastro esophageal reflux disease where the stomach acids come back into the esophagus and spill into the windpipe causing cough. Treatment with antacids will help neutralize the acids. Post nasal drips can occur with sinusitis and throat infections. Giving up cigarettes will abolish smoker's cough in 90% of people. Talk to your GP about the other causes for cough in the meantime you could try warm salt water gargles and breathing exercises.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.