Respiratory Disorders Community
What is this stuff I am coughing up?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

What is this stuff I am coughing up?

Lately I have been having very bad coughs. I have never smoked, so it cant be a "Smokers cough" But I have been open to 2nd hand. Im 13 (female) and very curious as to what this is!!!
So last week it happened for the first time while I was coughing. This gross stuff came up, it felt jelloie you could say. And then it happened again today. But istead of swolling it, I ran to the bathroom and spit it out to look at it. It was like a white tan color. Thick too. It was in an almost rectangular ball shape. There was two chunks. Afterwards to brushed my teeth- plenty of times.
Does any one have any idea what this is? Im willing to answer an Appropriate questions, so please ask. I need help!,
Sam
email- ***@**** PLEASE HELP ME!