Respiratory Disorders Community
What to do when my throat swells and i can't breath.?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Ok i have animal allergies and even if i go within 9 ft. of one ill start to get my symptoms,which are throat swelling,cant breath, red eyes, itchiness, and tounge swelling. i had an inhaler to "take care" of this but it works only a little bit and now ii am once again having this problem real bad and i cant afford to rush to the doctor cause i dont have medicaid or anything and i am also 17 years old. Can someone please tell me what to do please.
  Go get some Benedryl and take two of them, it will help with your symptoms. You know when you are having an acute reaction to allergies like that there is a danger that you could go into something called Anaphylactic Shock. Please be careful and stay away from those animals or go get some allergy shots so you can become immune to whats bothering you. Please take care of yourself, this is very serious!