Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Wheezing when exhaling
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Wheezing when exhaling

I am worried. I have developed a severe lasting barking cough. I am wheezing quite loudly when I exhale. What do you think this is?
Related Discussions
251132 tn?1198082422
These are common asthma symptoms.  I would suggest seeing your physician and discussing these symptoms.  There are many medications that can be given to relieve the coughing and wheezing.  Probably you will get a lung function test to make the diagnosis.
2 Comments
Blank
Sounds like Asthma to me.  Did you just get over a very bad lung infection or it is possible you have one now. May need an x-ray to determine what is going on. Your doctor can tell you but you sound like you have inflamation (inflammation) in your lungs.  There are some inhaler options and a dose of steroides could help but you really need to see a doctor.  Some short term help I found helpful was Vicks and warm drinks and try to stay quiet and out of the cold. Drink a lot of warter.  Good luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Start Tracking Now