White mucus
I was reading some of the other questions about the "white mucus" some say they cough up or are constantly clearing their throats! Well thats me!! I am soon to be 39, I do smoke which I know does not help the situation but no one can seem to find out what my problem is.

I am constantly clearing my throat, sometimes to the gagging stage. Sometimes  projectile? My doctor says I probably have some allergies but I think that can not be the entire problem. Chest x-ray looks ok for my age.EKG was fine. Nasal sprays and very expensive allergy meds calm it down but it never goes away. I have been dealing with this for at least a year now any suggestions? I know I need to stop smoking but what else can I do as well. I feel like my throat is being compromised at this point. Not sure what a normal throat feels like anymore!  If the mucus is white, & cloudy what does this mean exactly I am not sure?  Thanks Kerry Doerrmann

This discussion is related to Coughing up white mucus in shower.
You may be suffering from acid reflux.  Stomach acid can irritate your throat resulting in lots of mucus.  In my case, the acid is even making its way into my windpipe, making my voice hoarse and causing asthma-like attacks.

Have you seen an ENT or GI specialist?