Respiratory Disorders Community
White spot in chest xray......am worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I had cough some 24 days back & went to see doctor as i saw some streaks of blood in morning cough......doctor advised it is due to dryness in throat which is common in cold. advised me to take augumentin 1000mg & sinecod syrup for 7 days ........but after 4 days ....while having my food ...i felt of puking & everything i ate cameout.....thereafter watever i ate that day i ended up vomiting .....later in night i vomited 7-8 times it was like water mixed with blood..............i was terrified & ran to doctor next morning......doc asked to to blood test & Hpylori  test ............ reports are all normal......yes apart from this doctor gave me Risek 40mg injection & nebulaization plus xray ...........& said everything is ok....... now again after week my coughing increased but only during morning & evening in day it is fine seeing this I went to doctor .....but he advised me to go to internal medicine doc........he conducted xray again where he saw a white spot on my right lung but at the same time said it has reduced from last time which earlier the other doctor failed to notice it .......& advised me Factive 325mg (tab) ACC 200mg Sache  & Toplexyl syrup......& asked me to come again after a week...........with this medicine my coughing has reduced & so as blood stoped coming.......I am waiting to visit doctor but i am sacred..............as these days i m out of india on sme oficial work. here it is said that the doctors are not as good as India.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Please don't worry, as lung infections like pneumonia can cause hemoptysis (coughing up blood). This should resolve once the infection subsides. Infections like tuberculosis can also cause this symptom. Other inflammations and tumors of the lungs can also cause this symptom. Since the white spot is reducing, it could most probably be resolving. And as your symptoms are improving continue with your medications, try to take warm oral fluids and do steam inhalations prior to your meals. This helps to loosen up and bring out the secretions. Also, get a good balanced diet to boost up your immune system and to help tackle the infection. So, don't worry and you can post any further queries you have, will be glad to answer.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.