Respiratory Disorders Community
Who do I need????/

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Who do I need????/

Help!!! I have kyphoscoliosis and osteoporosis.  In the past I have had several back surgeries, the  first was an A&P spinal fusion performed in 1982 followed by several others to stabilize the spine and later to debride   the spine and treat for osteomyelitis.In 1984, I had treatments for Hodgkins Disease including radiation.  Due to the curve of the spine, they were unable to completely block my lungs.  Several months ago,  I  started having severe pain in my spine and rib cage on both sides .  I went to the physician and had a chest x-ray that appeared normal.  Now, we have moved across country and the pain is unbearable.  I went last week to an internist,  and another x-ray performed,  now my lungs are very, very small.  I am having not only pain but SOB, it is very difficult to even turn over in the bed due to pain .  I am very sore in my rib cage and my sternum; however, I am also having nerve pain shooting around from my spine into my left breast, some numbness and tingling in both hands, and the bottom of my right foot is numb.  I don't know what to do the internist says my rib cage may be squashing my lungs.  Now What do I do or who do I go to for this problem?  Do I need a pulmonary specialist or a neurologist or an orthopedist or what?????/
Tags: who