Aa
A
A
Close
Why can't I laugh without coughing violently?
I have been dealing with this issue for years and have been told that nothing is wrong. I can not laugh anymore without coughing violently. I do have a history of allergies and no history of asthma. It hurts me and seems to only be getting worse. I was told that it may be a sign of asthma, but why now? When I start the coughing episodes, I notice that I have some sputum, but I don't let it out. What could be causing this?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I see the questions, where do i read the answers and or suggestions of what the symptoms might indicate is wrong.  The comments of Mrs. Evans on Nov 26, 2008 are the exact same symptoms I have but mine have been going on for months. I never had mucus until recently and I wheeze at times mostly when lying down.  Not only can I literately not laugh at all without coughing sometimes, unless very calm even talking presents a problem.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have the same issue. I stop smoking cigarettes when it start shorten my breathe. I can't laugh or talk without coughing so much I feel as if I'm going to throw up. I do have mucus. I also can feel myself wheezing whether laying down or standing up. I'm constantly out of breath.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources