Respiratory Disorders Community
Why does my throat feel tight?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Why does my throat feel tight?

Hi, im 18 years old and recently i was in the cold without a jacket as the weather forecast said it would be warm and it wasn't, i was wearing just a sweater and soon after i had chest congestion for about a week, now after my congestion has stopped just about 3 days later i started feeling tightness in my throat which goes away for a while and then comes back, i can get rid of it for a while after having something warm such as green tea. My question is, is there any cause for concern or could it just be the way my body is trying to get rid of mucus and that's causing the tightness in my throat? (the tightness is not so bad, i can breathe and eat and swallow and drink just fine). It is just uncomfortable. Also to add to that its worse in the night time. Thank you for your help.