Respiratory Disorders Community
Yellow spots on tonsils and coughing up yellow chunks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

what causes the yellow chunks and what are they? I had the yellow spots on my tonsils for 3 or 4 days and this morning, yellow chunks came up at least four times. and then when i looked at my tonsils there was no more yellow chunks.
Avatar n tn
the yellow chunks may be food particles that become trapped in the folds of your tonsils and bacteria starts to eat away at the and they turn yellow and smell very bad.  I press on my tonsils (not for people who have a reactive gag reflex) to empty out this "stuff". It gives me bad breath and I believe it is due to post nasel drip and large tonsils.  My doctor was no help at all!!!!
Maddyfish
Avatar n tn
Hi there..
I have the exact same thing and..
Its caused by not brushing your teeth regularly
I tried to get the spots out and i couldnt, so
gargle with some tcp or listerine and they should gradualy were out.
Ive stoped getting these little spots now and ive got all gaps in my throat from were they have been.

So treat it asap..

Hope i helped.