Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
a Nodule on my heart

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

a Nodule on my heart

Last year, I developed fluid around my heart.  It did take an entire year for the fluid to take care of itself. Now, in it's place is a 3.7 by 9 mm nodule on the right side of my heart that was just discovered. from a CT scan.   I had a scan taken last year and, it was not there.
I have not had any kind of work ups even from the fluid.  I was told the fliud was from a virus and not to worry.
I went to a cardiologist  who did say something about ...  if I were to ever have to have a pace maker, they would have to put this in the right side rather that the left.  He said there was nothing wrong with my heart, go see a pulmonologist.   So, I did.  The pulmomologist said my lung cap was 74% which they considered good, then told me it was my heart that was causing shortness of breath, go see a cardiologist.  These two Dr. are in the same town yet they have not worked together but instead, made me the ping pong ball.  In the meantime, I am having more and more problems including sensitivites to just about everything.  Every year, my reactions are worse.  Antihistamines cause swelling of my throat, tongue etc...
I am trying to figure this out alone because no one wants to be responsible for me.
Last year, I began allergy drops ( Under the tongue)    After two months, I had more shortness of breath.  This is when they found fluid around my heart.  This year, I began allergy shots, now I have a nodule on my heart.  Could this be related?
Could this be lupus? Allergies?    TB test Came back negative.   I would like to find a Dr. who would work with me and even if he didn't know what was going on, would say," I don't know but let's find out!"

One allergist suggested I see a psychiatrist, stating, " Change the chemicals in your brain, change the sensitivites in your body"
So, I went...   I should him all the skin testing I had for allergies and he said " I am not sure why you are here"

HELP!
There are many causes of fluid around the heart.  The fluid around your heart may or may not have been caused by a virus but the spontaneous resolution of the fluid is consistent with the diagnosis of a viral pericarditis.  The newly discovered nodule is quite small, by conventional standards, but the demonstration that it was not present a year ago suggests that further investigation may be warranted, for example further "X-ray" imaging.  This is a decision that should be made, following a discussion of your pulmonary specialist with the radiologist.  Yes, you can request that they speak with each other and, if the pulmonologist opts not to do so, you may want to seek a second pulmonologist’s opinion.  In addition, you should ask the pulmonologist to discuss the basis for his/her conclusion that your "...heart…was causing shortness of breath."  Specifically, might constrictive pericarditis, related to the fluid around your heart a year ago, be a consideration.

With so much seemingly going on health-wise, you should seek-out a specialist in internal medicine to:  1) answer your questions about your "sensitivites to just about everything"; and 2) coordinate your care.

Good luck.