Respiratory Disorders Community
a feeling like mucus is always in my throat
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

a feeling like mucus is always in my throat

On and off over the years I have had a feeling like a post nasal drip, much in my throat.  I don't cough, I don't weeze, I don't cough up phlegm.  But I can draw up a tad of mucus now and then but the feeling never really goes away.  A year ago I experienced a severe sinus infection where  a glob of bloody mucus came out of my nose.  Then a glob of bloody mucus came up in my throat, then I felt fine and all was gone.  However I have always felt a tiny feeling like mucus in still in the back of my throat.  I have gone for endascope, I  have gurd (gerd), hyatial hernia but the barrets esophogus that the dr. found in an endascope last year has now disappeared.  I also have a feeling like my tongue is burning alot, some days more so than others.  

I have decided to do a lung cleanse from Blessed Herbs.  They were highly recommended to me by a person in  natural healing.   But I really don't think it is coming from the lungs however I would like to improve my lung funtion.... I've had tons of bloodwork done, nothing indicates anything abnormal.  I know I have slight emphysema but nothing that the doctors are really concerned about.  I did have a cat scan with contrast because they did find a spot on my lung...so I had another cat scan  but the spot  has gotten smaller.  I quit smoking in 1995.  I never drink milk only a few ounces of coffee mate in my coffee.  I drink red wine and sometimes white wine.  I drink alot of water and try to eat right .... I take lots of supplements because I also have IBS and can not tollerate most foods.  

This discussion is related to phlegm in throat.
Tags: mucus, phelegm