Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
acid reflux in lungs?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

acid reflux in lungs?
I have been diagnosed with a small hernia with chronic acid reflux. In the morning I wake up with a wet cough and when I take a deep breath it  feels as if I have fluid inside. I already sleep on a wedge pillow. I am not sure if it's the acid going into my lungs or something else and I'm concerned about what to do to stop this as I'm sure it's extremely damaging to my lungs.

Thanks you very much, Andydrew.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is the back flow of stomach contents, including digestive juices, into the esophagus or food tube.  This is more commonly called acid reflux or heartburn.  This reflux can come all the way up to the mouth and nose.  When this happens the material can be aspirated, dribbling into the windpipe and lungs.  Your symptoms could be due to this.

GERD can cause the following symptoms:
A related discussion, fluid in lungs was started.
A related discussion, lungs was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker