Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
allergic reaction???

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

allergic reaction???

I am on my 3rd TB test and it keeps coming back as quiestionable possitive."  According to all the pictures I have seen on the  internet my test doesn't look like that.  It is only slightly swollen under the skin but red/ping in color and about the size of a quarter.  It doesn't hurt but does itch. When I have it done I get allergy like syptoms (symptoms) such as a runny nose.  I also don't have any of the symptoms of TB.  DO you think it is an allergic reaction?
Your description does not sound like an allergic reaction.
When TB tests come back questionable, frequently a chest x-ray will be ordered to confirm or deny the presence of TB.  You need to work with your doctor about the appropriate method of confirming or denying TB in YOUR case.  Best of luck!  Aloha,
Starion
GOOD NEWS!  I went to the TB Clinic today and had to go threw the x-ray mess and everything. When I finally got to see the doctor he just shook his head.  He said I was FINE!  It doesn't matter how red the skin is and it might even have inflimation...the important thing to remember is to feel for a ridge he said it felt somewhat like a wafer under the skin.  Apparently my skin is very sensitive and it cause the irritation.  Not only that but since it was my 3rd test it just made it worse.  The doctor said each time I have the test it will look worse.  I just thought this information might help someone else.