Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
allergies??
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

allergies??

my nose is always running, i sneeze alot, cough not much at all, sometimes the roof of my mouth itches, if i wake up in the middle of the night i notice a slight wheeze, but clears up after the morning, i think from coughing it clears the airways, also i do not cough at all while i am laying down, not sure if theis is post nasal drip or allergies
Related Discussions
251132_tn?1198082422
These are fairly typical symptoms of allergy. The wheezing at night may also suggest that you may be having some mild asthma symptoms with this.  I would suggest speaking with your doctor about medications to control these symptoms. There are many available. If this does not work, you may need to consult with a Board Certified Allergist.
2 Comments
Blank
Dear Friend,
All the symptoms you describe c-o-u-l-d be caused by allergies.  Allergies c-a-n cause post nasal drip, nose symptoms, and a host of other things.  Infections can also cause some of the very same symptoms, so a doctor may be able to help you sort out which is causing your problems.  You may wish to start with an internist; if he/she can't help, you may wish to be referred to an allergist.
You may also wish to try some simple allergy control measures to see if they help relieve some of the symptoms as well.  You can read lots of good info about allergies at www.NationalJewish.org, particularly their MedFacts and Understanding series.
Aloha,
Starion
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers