Respiratory Disorders Community
ankle swelling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ankle swelling

I have been on here just a few weeks ago. Awesome place to come when u need answers. Left ankle swelled few weeks ago. Stayed that way for some days. Then the ankle went back down to normal size. Well, I have noticed tonight that once again my left ankle is beginning to swell. I have COPD. I have done some research on this. Reallly quite a lot of research. I know the left ankle swelling means something possibly to do with heart. In a jam though. My husband lost job some months back, that he had for a number of years. Of course, when he lost job, we lost our health insurance. Been calling everywhere, trying to get help at health departments and clinics that base fee on income. Of course, having no luck. Before when I was able to be under a pulmonary doctor's care, he would always check my ankles or ask me if they had been swelling. At that time, I was not having trouble with ankle swelling. I just knew though, when we lost our insurance, that something would go wrong with me. I was just wondering if this ankle swelling with COPD, can be an on and off type thing. I swelled first part of year pretty much all over my body. My face so swollen I didnt recognize myself almost. About that time, I developed high blood pressure and heart rate pretty high. On blood pressure med and that okay. But my heart rate is still up there rather high. Any input, would be appreciated. It just feels comforting to sit here and be able to put into words my concerns. I come to MedHelp a lot. I even try to help those that I can, if I feel my advice is appropriate. I truly am thankful for this forum and the nice people on it.