anyone know if you can become pregnant with a paralyzed left diaphragm?
please note that im 25 years old and have been on oxygen due to my paralyzed left diaphragm that has collapsed my left lung. i am on advancedrecontstruction.com website where dr. kaufmann from new jersey performed a phrenic nerve decompression surgery on sept 30th, 2011. there is no reason they can find on why this has happened.... im so young and have so much i want to do! the doc said it could take up to 18months to notice a difference and right after surgery i had 1 month of pure amazement!! i could breathe but unfortunately it was short lived because im back on the oxygen 24/7. i want to have children and was wondering if anyone of you have any ideas on the possibility?!?!? im from kent ohio and cleveland clinic is the one who finally diagnosed me with this and was misdiagnosed 7 months prior! thinking of all those with this horrible disorder.... please send me info on your stories and check mine out!! thanks... also this office does nerve transplants (phrenic) that could help you to! they were a super great place and very friendly!