Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
asthma and mvp
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

asthma and mvp

sir,
i am 28 yrs old. i am asthmatic and have allergies from childhood. i started to have severe asthma from 21 yrs of age only. around that time i was also diagnosed for MVP and heart murmur. is there any relation between these two deseases ?

now i'm using AdvAir, ALBUTEROL, and ZYRETEC to control asthma and allergy. one year ago i gave birth to a baby. now i am using "ortho tri-cyclen" birth control pills. i am frequently experiencing chest pain, headache and vomitting. because i have mvp is there any problem in using "ortho tri-cyclen" ?
Related Discussions
251132_tn?1198082422
There is no relation between asthma and mitral valve prolapse (MVP).  For someone with MVP, there is no problem using birth control pills.  Your chest pain, headache, and vomiting could be due to the MVP or the birth control pills.  Please discuss your symptoms with your doctor.
4 Comments
Blank
maybe your MVP is because of albuterol
Blank
If someone is having a asthma attack is it possible for petechia to happen.
Blank
Is it possible for the airway to constrict enough while having a asthma attack to cause blood shot eyes and ecchymosis
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker