Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
asthma or bad cough?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

asthma or bad cough?

How do I know when my children who have seasonal asthma, are having an asthma coughing spell or a cold/cough episode? They do not always wheeze when the ped. has called it asthma and put us on the nebulizer. If the cold/cough medicine doesn't control the cough,how long do you wait to give breathing treatment?
A cough from a cold usually last about 7 to 10 days.  A cough due to seasonal asthma occurs at the same time each year and lasts until the asthma is controlled with medicine.  The medicine in the nebulizer is very safe.  You can give this as soon as you think the cough is due to asthma, such as when the cold/cough medicine doesn
Having lived with asthma I can tell you that even the slightest cough can bring on astham, including for me getting cold, being in wind or chemical smells.  For years I took inhalers, and than I tried taking Ginkgo Biloba and now am completely off of inhalers, though this doesn't work for everyone.  Be careful to keep asthma suffers away from things like change of weather, wind, or cold that can make them cough and than bring on asthma.  I found a really good health news site that has many good articles regarding asthma and other health articles that you might want to check out www.officialhealthnews.com  Good luck and don't take any cough for granted.
HI,MY 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WAS SICK FOR 6 MONTHS WITH BAD COUGH AND OTHER SYMPTOMS AND DOCTORS TREATED HER FOR ASTHMA OVER AND OVER,TESTED NEGATIVE TO ALLERGIES,PUT HER ON STRONG INHALERS AND PRETISONE(STEROIDS)WHICH MADE HER GAIN ALOT OF WEIGHT IN THOSE MONTHS,ILLNESS GOT SO BAD I FINALLY TOOK HER TO LEBONHEUR CHILDRENS HOSPITAL 3 HOURS AWAY IN MEMPHIS AND ALL TOGETHER SHE STAYED OVER 2 WEEKS,COME TO FIND OUT SHE DID NOT HAVE ASTHMA,SHE HAD SINUS DISEASE,ACID REFLUX WHICH WILL MAKE YOU HAVE A BAD COUGH,INFECTED(FUNGAL)ESOPHIGUS WHICH ALOT WAS CAUSED FROM THE STEROIDS,HER BLOOD PRESSURE STARTED BEING HIGH FROM THE STEROIDS,THEY DID EVERY KIND OF TEST YOU COULD IMAGINE,UPPER AND LOWER GI.SCOPED HER LUNGS,TESTED FOR CYSTIC FIBROSIS,PERTUSSIS,WHOOPING COUGH,TB,SHES NOW GETTING BETTER,JUST HAD SINUS SURGERY A WEEK AGO,SINUSES WERE BLOCKED AND HAD 2 CISTS AND ALSO HAD TO HAVE ADNOIDS REMOVED AGAIN,YES THEY GREW BACK,SHE JUST HAD THEM REMOVED LAST JULY,WELL ANYWAYS DONT LET THEM FOOL YOU ABOUT ASTMA,GET A SECOND OPION BECAUSE THOSE MEDS COULD CAUSE MORE HARM,ALOT OF THE TIME THEY JUST TREAT YOU FOR SYMTOMS (symptoms) AND SEND YOU ON YOUR WAY-HOPE ALL GOES WELL,LITTLEVICK0
Hi.
A natural herbal extract product eliminates those asthma like symptoms for one year or more, also improves mucus expelling.There are 2 ways to order. Visit http://aliviasma.4t.com  for more info