Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
atelectasis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

atelectasis

A month ago, I had a chest x-ray because the doctor thought I had
pneumonia.. The radiologist's impression was "Minor subsegmental areas of atelectasis are suspected along the left lung base, without definite evidence of vascular decompensation or acute infiltrate"  
I was to have a follow-up x-ray done in a month, which I did, and the impression rather than being normal was "There is a slight increase in the disk atelectasis at the lung bases.  There is no acute pneumonic process or pulmonary vascular congestion."  Could you please tell me what a "disk atelectasis" is, and what this might mean.. or the possible causes?
I am a little worried..
Thank you..