Respiratory Disorders Community
back pain pneumonia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

back pain pneumonia

i just went to the doctor yesterday from sharp upper back pain. the doctor pin pointed it right away, she said that several people had been coming in with it. its pneumonia, and you can have no other symptoms. I didnt have any other symptoms. Im on antibiotics but in a lot of pain. Ibuprofin works though.

This discussion is related to Sharp Upper Back pain.
I went to emergency the other night because my back pain was so severe.  After getting blood work and a chest x-ray, the diagnosis was lung infection and muscle spasms in my back.  When i cough, it hurts like crazy.  I can't lie down, it hurts too much and I can not breathe.  I hurts to breathe anyways, especially deep breaths.  I am coughing up some blood too.  I am taking muscle relaxants, tylenol 3, and a anti biotic to fight the infection.  I am taking my pain killers every 3.5 to 4 hours cause the pain is so unbearable.  Does anybody know how long this is suppose to last?  I feel like I am dying, I can't even sleep in my bed I am in a recliner in the living room.  
Hi, Can someone help please? Had really chesty cough for 2 weeks and it suddenly stopped, I found it really hard to clear my chest.. My mucus was a yellow and green color, sorry so vivid!! But anyway it suddenly disappeared but them came shortness of breath and severe upper back and mid back pain while moving or breathing as well as this im feeling extremly tired and run down and at times dizzy and have loss of appetite.. Any suggestions as to what it could be??? xx