Respiratory Disorders Community
back pain when coughing
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

back pain when coughing

im suffering from back pain now for 3 weeks already. when i cough my upper back is aching and also when i take a deep breath. i  don't cough really hard, i only cough when i take deep breath and that also my upper back ache. does my back pain is related with the coughing? do i need to go to my doctor already? my back pain is getting worst especially when i try to lift heavy things. does this mean there's something wrong with my lungs? do i need to have an x-ray? what should i do in order to make the pain away? pls. help. thanks
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello,

You do need to have the chronic cough evaluated by a doctor.  I coughing lasting longer than 2 weeks is not normal and needs to be treated.  

As for the back pain - talk to your doctor about that as well.  There could be several causes which would include bruised rib, dislocated rib, broken rib or other interanl damage from the cough.  I dislocate a rib with a severe cough.  There are other potential causes of the pain and a docotr would have to evelaute the real cause.
Take care and feel better.  I know your pain.
Blank
my back s been hurting now for 4 weeks moves from upper back to below shoulder blade, i get real bad spasms. when i cough it hurts real bad. i hate doctors but i might have to go what do you think it is?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...