Respiratory Disorders Community
bad fumes from nose, with metal taste in mouth
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bad fumes from nose, with metal taste in mouth

I have been feeling awful,with also having nasty fumes coming from my nose, and a metal taste in my mouth. When I blow my nose nothing comes out except for the fumes on my tissue. I had a cat scan which showned sinusitis located in my left maxillary sinus with opacification of severalethmoid air cells identified. there is also mucosal thickening and or fluid within the caudal aspect of the left frontal sinus. a small mucosal density in the floor of the right maxillary antrum has the appearance of a retention cyst. All this info was given to me from the cat scan report. I was put on levaquin for 14 days. My concern is could this infection creat this odor? And why havent I gotten anything out of my nose that would indicate an infection. Does that report show that my infection was severe enough to creat these symptoms??? I am concerned because I actually knew someone who died from a sinus infection that went to his brain. please put me at ease. thankyou!