bad fumes from nose, with metal taste in mouth
I have been feeling awful,with also having nasty fumes coming from my nose, and a metal taste in my mouth. When I blow my nose nothing comes out except for the fumes on my tissue. I had a cat scan which showned sinusitis located in my left maxillary sinus with opacification of severalethmoid air cells identified. there is also mucosal thickening and or fluid within the caudal aspect of the left frontal sinus. a small mucosal density in the floor of the right maxillary antrum has the appearance of a retention cyst. All this info was given to me from the cat scan report. I was put on levaquin for 14 days. My concern is could this infection creat this odor? And why havent I gotten anything out of my nose that would indicate an infection. Does that report show that my infection was severe enough to creat these symptoms??? I am concerned because I actually knew someone who died from a sinus infection that went to his brain. please put me at ease. thankyou!
Yes.  The fumes are die off from possible fungus infection.  A deep sinus culture should be done.  I had 3 types of mold and 4 kinds of bacteria infection.  The smell is awful.

It won't go away with just an antibiotic treatment.  See an ENT who know fungal infections...I had to see 4 ENTS, had 4 surgeries with cilia damaged beyond repair.

Look for pseudomonas also!!!!!!  good luch