Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
bad nose smell

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

bad nose smell
What causes a person to seem to always smell everything sour. I don't seem to be able to smell things the same. For the last year, I have had periods when everything smells sour. At first I thought it was my own body, but it is not. Then I realized that it is my nose.  Everything has a sour smell.  Sometimes it makes me nauseated.  Should I see an ENT or some kind of neurological specialist? The only medication I take on a regular basis is Synthroid 1.5.  I am 62 years old and am female.
It is possible that there is an infection in your nose or sinuses which is causing this sour smell.  I would suggest seeing your family physician to look into your nose and evaluate the situation to see if there is an obvious cause.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker