Respiratory Disorders Community
bad smell in nose while inhaling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

bad smell in nose while inhaling

why i feel bad smell in my nose while inhale. The smell is sometimes strong , pungeant and feels like the last food or
drink i take last or before.  The smell continues and disturbe my normat inhailng process.
I am Asthamatic, Allergic in nature which I inherited from my father. I am week in digestion.  My throut generally
becomes sore and phelgm is always there.

This discussion is related to bad odor smell from nose (continued).
Avatar n tn
guys i hv bin havn bad smell from my nose bt it seems lyk am the only 1 who can smell it and people who are not closely related to me sometimes i think i am crazy
I have a simular problem.  I can smell an ordor no one else seems to smell.  I is strong to me coming from my nasal passage, especially when flatulence occurs.  It is there and last for sometimes an hour.  I am self conscious of it.  I don't want to get close to people feeling they may smell it also. It to me is a foul bowel ordor.  Seems it just sets there in my nasal.  Very offensive. Is there any cure for this. This is the second year for this.  No one else seems to smell this.  At first I thought it was in the room.  No one smelled anything.  Is anyone else going through the same thing.  I discuss this with my doctor, she says sounds like a disgestive imbalance. Stated try "Align" Walgreens sell it.
I have it too, and it's terrible. It gets worse when I have pain in my right palate and my molar gets loose. I understand these are symptoms of peridontal disease but I can't find anything linking peridontal disease to sinusitis. I took a full course of flagyl and the smell went away for about a month, but its has recently returned. It's as people describe; there's an intermittent strong odor of dead cat or similar rotting flesh smell. How can there be no permanent solution for this?
i'm going on 2 yrs and it stated with a strong rotten smell very foul/ no one can smell me but it's there. I thought it was my live creams and facial so I changed it. it smelled like it was a dead animal. then went to the dr. nothing. she refereed me for a cat scan and MRI and my sinuses were good. went to 2 ENTs nothing allergies. I went to the dentist removed all silver fillings and had new white fills and new root canals, new crowns. that didn't help! I complained to my Dr. oncce again nothing helping. I moved to San Jose and Kaiser was no good until my new primary said perhaps menopause and to use the neti but that makes it worse, then i went to see another ENT and he took a chest xray of my lungs and another MRI and Catscan followed. Still nothing. My smell is really bad in the mornings with this taste of menthol, and gagging mucus I know sounds horrid but through out the day it smells worsens like fungal, fecal, sometimes smoke...I cant describe it anymore except it smells! I have a habit of washing my hands so much because sometimes I place both my hands and sniff and and it reaks of foul! I have lost taste to certain foods, and I know no medical Dr's can help! In thr beginning i had such a headache from the smell i was taking gabbapintin that helped the headaches. I've even seen an allergist and nothing. I deal with it everyday, i can even smell the stove if the gas is on with out the burner being on, i am so lost for words and gave up with this bizarre smell. I am thankful no one can smell it but in a way I wish they could so they would understand what I'm talking about. It triggers in certain places, bedtime, in the morning, and almost 24/7 a day!!! I'm exhausted from talking about it until yesterday I was talking with  a friend again about it and we came up with "Yeast in the body" there's a article Dr. OZ about candida and how it can smell it adheres to your cells the recommendations said to try Caprylic Acid -Yeast cleanser, buy at Whole Foods, oregano oil, eckeneshia. I just stated these except for the oregano oil.

This is the article:::::  Yeast in my body I typed in GOOGLE: Getting rid of the candida overgrowth primarily requires a change in diet to a low carbohydrate diet. Sugar is what feeds yeast, so eliminating sugar in all of its simple forms like candy, desserts, alcohol and flours.

And reducing to only one cup a day of the more complex carbohydrates such as grains, beans, fruit, bread, pasta, and potatoes will prevent the Candida from growing and eventually cause it to die.  I would recommend eliminating all fermented foods as well.

Using diet alone could take three to six months before the candida is back under control. Because of this I use an anti fungal medication such as Diflucan or Nyastatin for a month or longer with my patients. If you are self-treating you can take a supplement of caprylic acid. Caprylic Acid comes from coconut oil and basically "pokes holes" in the yeast cell wall, causing it to die.  

You may read that some people recommend herbs such as oil of oregano. Oil of oregano can be very effective, but it can also kill good bacteria so I don't recommend it. The anti-fungal medications and caprylic acid are very specific to yeast and will not harm your good bacteria.
I am having the same problem & its driving me nuts no one seems to be able to answer my questions, I am going to try the caprylic acid & see if that helps.  Are you a naturalpathic Dr or do you know if there is somekind of  Dr I can see for this & that it is not all in my head.
by desselb23D, 4 minutes

After years and years of trying different things, diets, nose rinses, prescriptions ect.. 
Praying day and night God gave my mother the wisdom to search everyplace everywhere she went for 
Some answers and she finally help me find something that has helped me so so much never did anything work for me until now hopefully it goes away and never comes still taking it, have been taking it for 4 weeks now I will keep taking it until I see it's completely gone but if anyone wants to try this your more than welcome to try it at least take them while your at work I just feel a cleanER mouth and smell I don't smell the whole room as I use to and I praise the Lord Jesus my savior  I promised if he would heel me I would change my world completely to serve him even if he doesn't heel me I will serve him with all my heart there's no doubt in my mind thanks and I hope this works for you and I'm sure it'll work for some people it depends on your condition. 

Bad breath 
Body odor 
Nose smell 
Nail fungus 
Smelly saliva 

You can get this at any 
Natural healing store or online 
I think it comes from mexico 
It's called 

Carbon Vegetal or Carbon Vegetal Activado, black capsules 

I have both and will probably get more just remember always give thanks for what you have don't forget we need him more that he needs us :) 
Snort Mouthwash ...seriously its what I did ...its what made me sign up here HAD to share