Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
bleeding through throat

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

bleeding through throat

its been hurting me in the middle of the chest for about 2 years. tried ant acid tabs for about a month didn't work. had a endoscopy and chest xrays and blood tests all clear.now i have been getting blood in my through for the last two month. as soon as i saw it i phoned my do and she said she will reffer me to chest clinic. blood doesn't only come in the morning, it also comes through out the day. as well. its fresh small traces os blood every time i spit. I did a cough about 3 months ago and after that it started.
my hosp appointment came through and she said it might be indigestion. given be the tabs and told me to come in 6 weeks time. i don't understand. would you get blood all time beacase of this and my chest is gettin worse.i asked for a scan to be done. she said that is usually done at the lst resort. she had sent for a lung function test. but i find my breathing is fine.
can u plz help me. i am very confused and i feel tired all the time. is there anything i do
What you describe is potentially quite serious and must be investigated without further delay.  Asking you to wait another 6 weeks is not acceptable.  You don’t need a lung function test.  You need a doctor’s examination and a chest X-ray for starters and then whatever additional testing is needed to determine, with reasonable certainty, the source of this bleeding.  It could be coming from just about anywhere in your respiratory tract.

This is serious stuff and I urge you to seek medical assistance immediately.

Good luck