Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
blood in mucus from nose

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

blood in mucus from nose
hello sir,
my concern is that i have found streaks of blood in mucus that comes from nose (or throat-i am not sure). i am very concerned about this. i have mucus coming into my throat almost daily but without blood. i have never found blood streaks in mucus before this. last month i had an x-ray of my sinuses and a head CT done which were perfectly normal. i did have a headache two days back which stayed for 24 hours but resolved after taking medicines. i am very scared. PLS HELP. WAITING EAGERLY FOR UR REPLY.
Having occasional blood streaked mucus is not an uncommon problem.  This can occur in allergic and nonallergic individuals.  It can come from the sinuses, the nose and/or the back of the throat.  If this is occasional or goes away shortly, there is really no problem to be alarmed about.  If it increases or persists for a prolonged period of time, it is a good idea to have your doctor perform an examination.
this has happened to me three days ago.  This is the fourth day and I don't know whats wrong.  Basically I have the same problem as the person who started the thread.  The blood in the mucus which I spit out is occasional, even though its not constant, it has been 3 days since it first started.  I would think that if it were a tear, it would healed by now.  Should I see a specialist?
I have the same symptoms.  I have thick yellow mucus with blood in it...

I looked at my throat with a flashlight and there is some small lesions...

I don't cough, I have no fever, but I have the chills... I sweat a lot too - hot/cold feeling..

I'm very tired..

What is going on?
Hey Marie123,

I have the exact same symptoms .. been going on for about 4 days now. Any idea what this "bug" is?

J
I have had this problem for about 4 days. I did have abad headache for about 24 hrs a day ago. I don't really cough, but when I blow my nose or suck out the mucus in my throad, blood comes out; sometimes streaky, sometimes in globs!
I have been on Amoxicilin for 24 hrs and am taking Guanifencen.

Any other thoughts?  Thanks
I have all the symptoms, mucous with blood in it. I cough once a while.  My mouth and throat is really dry, even I drink lots of water.  I never had a nose bleed.  this is the first time, I have mucous with blood in it. It has been about 3 weeks.  

Any comments?
A related discussion, Blood in nose mucus was started.
A related discussion, blood in mucus was started.
A related discussion, blood in nosal mucus was started.
A related discussion, sinusitis was started.
A related discussion, I have blood in my mocous was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker