Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
breathing

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

breathing

Upon waking in morning and taking first deep breath in it feels spongy or gurgly but after this its all clear all day never does it again, and no congestion, I also just got a cough but the gurgle was happening before cough came the cough is bad in evening time and I've had this cough about 6 days now but I don't cough while sleeping can you help!
The morning feeling of “spongy or gurgly” that clears immediately is most likely to be just a nighttime collection of normal secretions or post-nasal drip.  If you smoke cigarettes it could be irritation from the smoke.

The cough you have now had for six days may or may not be related to the longtime “gurgle”.  If it continues for more than 6-12 weeks or the morning “gurgle” worsens during that period, you should discuss these events with your doctor.

Good luck
the secretions can cause the cough. i've had allergies for years and the mucous tends to collect overnight in my lungs so i must do some coughing to clear it in the mornings...