Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
breathing
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

breathing

Upon waking in morning and taking first deep breath in it feels spongy or gurgly but after this its all clear all day never does it again, and no congestion, I also just got a cough but the gurgle was happening before cough came the cough is bad in evening time and I've had this cough about 6 days now but I don't cough while sleeping can you help!
242587_tn?1355427710
The morning feeling of “spongy or gurgly” that clears immediately is most likely to be just a nighttime collection of normal secretions or post-nasal drip.  If you smoke cigarettes it could be irritation from the smoke.

The cough you have now had for six days may or may not be related to the longtime “gurgle”.  If it continues for more than 6-12 weeks or the morning “gurgle” worsens during that period, you should discuss these events with your doctor.

Good luck
2 Comments
Blank
the secretions can cause the cough. i've had allergies for years and the mucous tends to collect overnight in my lungs so i must do some coughing to clear it in the mornings...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker