Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
breathing difficulty on right side, burping
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

breathing difficulty on right side, burping

Hi I've had really bad breathing problems for two weeks now but I think it all started when I choked on a piece of pizza a month ago. I choked on a piece of pizza at the end of may and swallowed it down because I started to panic and was alone. I didn't feel it go down properly. I felt ok until a couple of days after that when I could not breathe well. I was diagnosed with strep throat and given an inhaler. I felt better after the antibiotics, but I started burping up the whole month after that. Now these past two weeks have been horrible. I've been in and out of clinics because of breathing difficulty and pain on the right side of my chest. I feel like there is something there stopping my breathing from that side. I got an x-ray that said I have "nonspecific small fibrocalcific scars." So I got a ct scan and it says I have "focal minimal centrilobular emphysematous change of the anterior aspect of the part of the right middle and lower lobe as well as linguar division and left lower lobe, infra- and perihilar arears with small bullae." I haven't ever smoked and I'm in my twenties. Is it possible I aspirated the food into my bronchus and it's damaging my lungs?

problempatient
hospital

medhelp.org
1 Comment
Blank
I want to add something. I feel like my right side doesn't allow me to breathe right. My pft tests are coming back within normal range. I can't wear a bra anymore and feel pain right under my breasts at times. Breathing becomes even more difficult when I try to wear a bra. Please answer doc.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker